The S&D Group is pleased to announce that the 2018 edition of the Africa Week will take place from 5 to 9 November.
In this framework, the Global Progressive Forum will host an event on Nelson Madela's 100th anniversary.
Come and join us to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the birth of Nelson Mandela and discuss his legacy and the current challenges in South Africa, as well as to reflect on the state of good governance and democracy and shed light on successful democratization processes in Africa.
Nelson Mandela - 100th anniversary
A celebration of Mandela’s legacy and a reflection on democracy and good governance in Africa
Conference in the framework of the S&D 2018 Africa Week
(14h00 - 14h10) Welcome by GPF Co-Chair, Enrique Guerrero Salom MEP
(14h10 - 15h05) Panel 1 - Celebrating Mandela’s legacy: lessons for the future
Chaired by Boris Zala MEP, D-ZA Vice-Chair
- Jessie Majone MP, former Justice Minister, Zimbabwe
- Jo Fubbs MP, ANC, South Africa
- Madelein Mkunu, President, Leading Women of Africa South Africa
(15h10 - 16h00) Panel 2 - Democracy and good governance in Africa: best practices and challenges ahead
Chaired by Enrique Guerrero Salom MEP, GPF Co-Chair
- Janira Hopffer Almada MP, PAICV, Cape Verde
- Rafael Marques de Morais, 2018 World Press Freedom Hero, Angola
- Zanetor Rawlings MP, NDC, Ghana