A common vision for a progressive Arab world - Cairo 19-20 January 2013
On 19-20 January 2013, the GPF participated to a conference in Cairo, Egypt titled "A common vision for a progressive Arab world - Listening to the Progressive Mediterranean initiative".
The conference was organized together with the PES, the FEPS and the Arab Social Democratic Forum.
- Programme - French, English, Arabic
- Declaration "A progressive agenda for the Arab world" - English, French, Arabic, 19 January 2013
- Closing statement of the Arab Social Democratic Forum, 20 January 2013
- Participants list
- PES welcomes the establishment in Cairo today of the Arab Social Democratic Forum
- Improved EU-Egypt relations must include progress on human rights
- Joint Declaration by participants of a "Common vision for a progressive Arab World" on the terrorist attacks in In Amenas, Algeria
- Joint Article "Arab Spring two years on - time for a regional progressive Alliance" by S. Stanishev (Party of European Socialists), Mohamed Aboulghar (Egyptian Social Democratic Party), Hannes Swoboda, (S&D Group in the European Parliament), Massimo D'Alema (FEPS), Nabil Shaath (Fatah Organization) and Mustapha Ben Jaafar (Etakattol Tunisia)
Check the photos of the conference.
Conference Photo gallery 19-20 January 2013
- Sergei Stanishev, PES President
- Jean Asselborn, Ministrer of Foreign Affairs of Luxembourg
- Massimo D'Alema, FEPS President